Date(s) - 02/07/20
2:00 am - 4:00 am
Third Place Books Seward Park
Join us Thursday, February 6th as we welcome Gina Handley Schmitt with her book, Friending: Creating Meaningful, Lasting Adult Friendships.
Friending is for anyone who wants to make new friends or enhance the friendships they already have. In the book, readers will learn:
- How to identify and reach out to potential new friends
- How to maintain longterm friendships through busy times and life transitions
- When and how to state your needs and set healthy boundaries with your friends
- Skills for strengthening your friendships by resolving conflicts in healthy ways
- The difficult art of ending a friendship
Readers will do all of this using the author’s five core skills of being available, authentic, affirming, assertive, and accepting.
GINA HANDLEY SCHMITT, MA, LMHC has been a psychotherapist in the Seattle area for over seventeen years. She teaches Psychology at the University of Arkansas–Pulaski Technical
College and has also been a featured speaker at a number of local conferences and events. Handley-Schmitt lives with her handsome husband off the shores of Lake Washington, where
they enjoy planning many a nerdy adventure.